Online photo books are not only a great way to store your memories and display your photographs; they are also an awesome unique way to display your products for your customers to see. When you consider that according to Hubspot, people are 80% more likely to read content if there are visuals included, and that they are 65% more likely to recall your message, you can see what a difference this makes.
You can use the free flipbook technology that is already available online at websites like Yumpu, and create beautiful photo books which can then be embedded in your website and shared via your social media accounts – accessing your current customers, and also attracting potential new clients too.
All you need to do is sign up for a free account, and click the ‘Start Upload’ button to upload your pre-created PDF file to your favorite online magazine maker .
Yumpu will then do the hard work for you, creating a beautiful online book, such as the ones shown in the examples on the website:
There are then a number of features that are then available to you, to make your online photo book even better. You should consider these to really draw your readers in:
- Links – use hyperlinks alongside your pictures to attract readers to your website and your products. Much as you want your online photo book to look amazing, you also want it to lead to sales, and this is the instantaneous way to do that. People are much more likely to click on something the second that they see it, rather than remember it and go back to search for it later. You don’t want to miss out on potential sales just because you haven’t included links in your online photo book.
- Mobile friendly – most people do the majority of their online searching via their mobile phones these days – 52.7% according to Statistica – so you will need to ensure that your photo book is mobile friendly. You will want to test your online photo book on a number of different devices to check that it works well on all of them.
- Downloadable – if people really enjoy your photographs and products, they may wish to download and print your photo book. You need to ensure that it’s possible for your biggest fans to be able to do that. The more they’re looking at your images, the more likely they are to buy whatever it is that you’re selling.
- Language – you can target a worldwide audience with your photo book by allowing a variety of languages to be accessed. This will give you opportunities to communicate with people who you might not have been able to target otherwise.
- Google Analytics – one of the great things about online photo books, using flipbook technology, is that you can instantly see how many people are looking at the information you have out there. This will help you make smarter decisions about what marketing you should do in the future, and what people react well to. It’s market research, without having to spend a lot of money to get it!
- Videos – alongside your photographs, you can also include video clips and audio in your photo book, making it even more of an interactive experience. The more that you grab the attention of your readers; the more likely they will be to show an interest in your products. Research has suggested that the general interest rate online is under 4 seconds – which shows how little time you have to grab an audience.
- Captions – you can include information about your photographs with expandable captions – which allows people to see the information that they are really interested in.
- Sign up forms – collecting email addresses for your email marketing is extremely important, but also a long and arduous task. Including a sign up form on your online photo book will allow people to give that information to you will save you a lot of time and effort.
The benefits of using an online photo book for your products are endless, but include:
- Worry free – you don’t have to be a technical expert to be able to upload an online photo book. Whatever website you chose to create your own project, they will generally take care of all of the technical aspects for you. They will also have a support system in place, with experts to assist you whenever you run into problems.
- Ease and speed – these systems are always very quick and easy to use, saving you a lot of time and effort that can be used anywhere else. Once you have created the initial file, all you need to do is click upload and the magic will happen behind the scenes.
- Wider audience – not only are flipbooks great for search engine optimisation, the website itself will also have a lot of its own readers, which may find your online photo book by accident!
- Saved online – your work cannot be lost because the websites will save your photo book in their own version of the cloud – giving you access to it even if it’s been lost.
- Editing – you can easily edit your online photo book once it has been uploaded, so it doesn’t matter even if you make a mistake or you aren’t quite happy with the end product.
- Free – most of the flipbook websites offer a free option for you to trial. This will include the majority of the features on offer. There will then be a paid option if you need more, but it isn’t essential, so it doesn’t have to add on to your ever increasing advertising budget.
So now that you’ve seen everything that an online photo book has to offer, why not give it a try? It doesn’t have to cost anything and once you have put in the initial time and effort, you can simply sit back and see how well your online photo book is doing.